Proctor is home to three churches – St. Dominic’s Roman Catholic Church, the Proctor Union Church, and St. Paul’s Lutheran Church.
St. Dominic’s Roman Catholic Church: Built in 1925, the exterior of St. Dominic’s Roman Catholic Church is random ashlar marble and the structure is in Neo-Gothic Revival Style, reminiscent of English village churches. Located at 45 South Street near the east bank of Otter Creek the abundant handsome marble adornment of the brick interior is a reflection on the many skilled marble workers that were among St. Dominic’s early parishioners. Please contact 459-2221 for a current worship schedule.
Proctor Union Church: The first service in the Proctor Union Church was held on December 31, 1890. While the church edifice is constructed of an attractive rough-faced blue-gray marble, its sanctuary is well known for its four pairs of Tiffany windows. The windows, Spring, Summer, Winter, and Fall commemorate Minnie R. Proctor, Redfield Proctor, Sr., Fletcher D. Proctor and Mr. and Mrs. Redfield Proctor, Jr. respectively. The church is located at 5 Church Street. Please contact 459-3624 or www.unionchurchproctor.org for a current worship schedule.
St. Paul’s Lutheran Church: In 1890 the Swedish residents in Proctor joined to build a Lutheran church. The Church burned down in 1912 and was replaced in 1914 by St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, a splendid white clapboard structure with pointed arch windows. The church is located at 6 Gibbs Street. Please contact 459-2728 for a current worship schedule